Updated: Apr 14
We hope everyone has had a fantastic Easter! We've been managing to keep busy over the weekend by making these fantastic rum truffles with Barti Rum! If you've got some leftover chocolate from the weekend definitely give these a try, and if you don't have a bottle of Barti lying around you can substitute for another rum, whiskey or bourbon.
To catch up on us making these tasty treats, check out the highlights on our IG.
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 250g of melted chocolate (we used chocolate buttons!)
- 50ml of Barti Spiced Rum
- 100/150g of melted chocolate for coating
1) Beat the butter in a mixer or using a handheld mixer at medium speed until it’s soft and creamy. This should take around 2-3 minutes.
2) Pour the 250g of melted chocolate into butter and mix for approximately 1 minute.
3) Pour in Barti rum and mix until well combined on low speed until smooth.
4) Place the bowl in the freezer for roughly 5-10 minutes. Once it’s firm enough to scoop with an ice cream scoop, it’s ready.
5) Shape the truffles with a couple of spoons. Place the truffles in the fridge for 1 hour.
6) Coat the chocolate truffles in melted chocolate. Place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so they can dry. Add a dusting of cocoa before serving.
If you do give these a try we'd love to see how you get on, tag The Drunken Jockeys so we can have a peak!
Photo's by Will Burchill Photography