Cucumber Collins Cocktail
This is a Drunken Jockey take on the classic Tom Collins with the addition of cucumber! In our opinion it's a fantastic drink to get you in the summer mood. Light, balanced and great if you want to steer away from anything too sweet! With everyone in lockdown we've designed this recipe so all the ingredients are easily accessible and not too complicated!
If you haven't yet watched the video over on IGTV then you can watch me make this with my twin sister, Frankie.
- 2cm thick slice of cucumber, quartered into chunks
- 50ml (double shot) of gin (we used standard Gordon's - but you can really use anything for this)
- 25ml (single shot) of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml (generous half a shot) of sugar syrup/simple syrup* - instructions below.
- Long peel of cucumber for garnish
- Crushed Ice (If you only have cubed then crush with a rolling pin in a tea-towel)
- Soda Water for topping up.
1) Place the cucumber and sugar syrup in a strong pint glass and muddle (we used a rolling pin).
2) Add the Gin and lemon juice and stir for 10 seconds.
3) Half-fill the cocktail glass with crushed ice and strain mixture in. If you don't have a strainer then use a cake slice or something else from the kitchen.
4) Fill the glass with crushed ice and top up with soda water and gently fold the drink together.
5) Peel a length of cucumber and twist into a tight curl for garnish.
* How to make sugar syrup.
Place a cup of white sugar and a cup of cold water in a saucepan on a medium-high heat. Stir regularly and bring to boil for a couple of minutes. Once boiling leave to cool to room temperature and place in the fridge, it'll keep for a couple of weeks.
Photo's by Will Burchill Photography.